Go skiing in Stockholm!
Publish date: 25 January 2021
When snow falls over Stockholm in winter, the city turns into a winter wonderland – it’s time to go skiing!
You’ll find a number of skiing tracks and ski-slopes in the Stockholm area. If you prefer cross-country skiing there are both prepared and natural tracks around the city, some rely on natural snow and some use artificial snow:
- Ågesta ski tracks (artificial snow)
- Gärdet sports grounds (artificial snow)
- Spånga sports field (natural snow)
- Lövsta ski tracks (natural snow)
- Hellasgårdens ski tracks (natural snow)
- Lida recreational area (both artificial and natural snow)
If you’re a downhill skiier, there are no less than six ski areas with slopes in the Stockholm area:
- Flottsbro in Huddinge
- Hammarbybacken in Hammarby Sjöstad
- Ekebyhovsbacken in Ekerö
- Ekholmsnäsbacken in Lidingö
- Ragnhildsborgsbacken in Södertälje
- Väsjöparken in Sollentuna
Please make sure to avoid crowding when entering and exiting tracks and slopes, at parking lots etc. Wait until the crowds have dispersed. We all have a responsibility to follow the authorities’ recommendations to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.