Have a great Christmas holiday in Stockholm
Publish date: 14 December 2023
Enjoy your Christmas holidays in Stockholm with fun activities and wintery adventures for the whole family.
So the Christmas celebrations are over, the presents have been opened and the holiday food has run out. What now? Well, luckily there are plenty of things happening all around Stockholm, even after Santa has left.
Due to the Swedish school children's Christmas break that lasts until the beginning of January, lots of the activities are family-oriented.
More in-depth guides
- Sled slopes in Stockholm – Bring a thermos of hot chocolate, a sled, a snow racer, or toboggan, and enjoy a day outside.
- Skiing in Stockholm – Whether you enjoy downhill skiing or prefer cross-country treks, there are several smaller slopes and facilities in Stockholm.
- Ice skating in Stockholm – Try out one of the city skating rinks, or spend an adventurous day on a guided ice skating tour on natural ice.
- At the movies: Cinemas in Stockholm – Multiplexes and cozy on-screen cinemas; here's where you can watch the holiday season's biggest movies.
- The gamer's guide to Stockholm – A family of gamers and nerd culture-aficionados? Find gaming halls and niche stores in Stockholm.
Below, you'll find a selection of activities, attractions, and events that have something fun and exciting to offer during the Christmas holidays.