Explore Stockholm's museums online
Publish date: 10 December 2021
Keen to visit Stockholm's museums but not able to look around in person? Take a virtual tour!
Luckily, many exhibitions and collections are available online and free of charge. Here are a few to choose from.
- The Royal Palace: Several of the exhibitions at the Royal Palace are available in a virtual 360° environment. The fabulous dresses of Princess Lilian and an exhibition about master-weaver Märta Måås-Fjetterström to name a few.
- Hyper Human: A fascinating look at man's complicated relationship with smart technology, AI, and bleeding edge advances in science, at The Swedish National Museum of Science and Technology.
- Moderna Museet's collection: Browse through Moderna's collection of contemporary and groundbreaking art. The museum also regularly live streams sofa tours of current exhibitions on its Facebook-page.
- Nationalmuseum: See some of the highlights along The Timeline, Nationalmuseum's chronological exhibition about the evolution of Swedish art and design.
- Nordiska museet: Nordiska museet is a treasure trove of objects detailing Nordic and Swedish everyday-life through history. They have published several guided tours of their exhibitions online.
- Old Norse Myths: Listen to some of the ancient Nordic myths and folktales that still inspire popular culture to this day.
- The Museum of Natural History: Take a virtual tour of the Museum of Natural History and visit some of its most popular exhibits from the comfort of your home.
- The City Museum pf Stockholm: Browse through The City Museum's huge collection of photos and see how Stockholm has changed through the years.
- The Museums of World Culture: The Museum of Ethnography, The Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities, and The Museum of Mediterranean and Near Eastern Antiquities have made large parts of their collections available online.
- The Vasa Museum online: The museum has made most of its collection available online, as well as audio guides and films from the exhibit.