LGBT Events & Clubs
Publish date: 27 January 2021
Stockholm Pride in July-August is the highlight of the year. Since its foundation in 1998, it has become one of Stockholm’s largest annual festivals, as well as the biggest Pride celebration in Scandinavia with over 60 000 attendees each year. Stockholm also hosts Cinema Queer International Film Festival, Sweden's largest queer film festival. It was founded in 2012 with the aim of broadening the hetero-normative cinema offerings in Sweden. The festival focuses on film that questions, discuss, and looks beyond the prevailing norms, and illuminates the stories that otherwise would go unnoticed.
If you want to stay updated on all the latest LGBT-news and events QX is a great place to start. It's the largest LGBT-media publisher in Scandinavia featuring the QX online GayMap - an event calendar covering LGBT events in Stockholm. QX also hosts the annual Gaygala Awards, celebrating LBGT-achievements in Sweden.
Stockholm has no gay enclave as such, but gay and gay-friendly establishments are scattered throughout the city and rainbow flags fly high in many of Stockholm’s central districts. But the greatest concentration of gay bars and clubs is to be found in two areas: the trendy Södermalm district and Gamla Stan, the Old Town, one of the best-preserved medieval cities in the world.
- Moxy – the nightclub attracting thousands of women of different ages and styles, all in the mood for dancing.
Various locations around town.
- SLM – the fetish club Scandinavian Leather Men for men only.
Wollmar Yxkullsgatan 18, Södermalm
- Patricia – Don't miss the legendary Gay Sunday Nights on old steamer Patricia at Söder Mälarstrand. Stunning view from the sun deck.
Söder Mälarstrand, Kajplats 19
- Club Backdoor – Three bars, awesome sound system, and three dance floors that play House, Techno, 90's pop, and all great party music in between!
Arenavägen 75, Tolv
- Guldrummet Sthlm – Monthly club at the renowned Berns Salonger. Glitzy, fun, and with a great dancefloor.
Näckströmsgatan 8, City
Only during summer nights:
- Trädgården – One of Stockholm's most popular summer clubs. For open minds having fun all night under the open sky.
Hammarby Slussväg 2, Skanstull, Södermalm