To main content
Categories: Excursion


The island Torskär is often called Söderarm after the lighthouse built here in 1839. The name comes from the relatively shallow open water area stretching like two arms toward the Sea of Åland. The lighthouse was built on the southern arm, which explains the name "Söderarm" (Southern Arm). Today, it is a public historical building well worth a visit. It's a good idea to bring binoculars! It isn't unusual to see both sea eagles and seals.

Location icon

Söderarms skärgård